Ellen Turner is a senior leader who has repeatedly produced record sales and profit growth across multiple businesses by solving for and crafting winning growth strategies.
She is a Principal with The Cambridge Group – the Demand Strategy consulting division of Nielsen. Her leadership at Sara Lee (President of Retail Foods) and Kinko’s/Fed Ex (as CMO and SVP Sales), refocused these businesses via strategic demand planning, created new categories via product and marketing innovation, improved retail experience and built highly motivated teams. Ellen also held senior marketing/sales positions with L Brands, Taco Bell, Frito-Lay and Cadbury-Schweppes, driving significant market insight-led growth all along the way.
- Building a $2B+ Food Company; fostering break-away innovation that drove 4X category sales growth by focusing on strategic brands and creating demand-driven new products for $700M in new revenue
- Creating a category in refrigerated foods driving incremental annual revenue of $300M
- Increasing revenue per rep +38% by developing demand-driven home services strategy that yields faster acquisition, triples website close-rates
- Driving retail (+9%) and commercial (+30%) business services by re-orienting operations (internal-focus) to customers (external) and aligning both divisions on a single brand and service quality model
- Invigorating and extending core brands; strategies in use years after implementation. New Cable programming/products that increased importance ranking to 4th and delivered the highest ratings
Ellen holds a BS in Commerce with Distinction from the University of Virginia and an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin. She has served on the Board of Advisors for Callison Architecture and Organized Living.